Wednesday, May 25, 2011

100% Pasture Raised Angus Beef, coming right up!

8 families: 1 cow begins!

I am the luckiest girl in the world right now. My boss has a 100% pasture raised Black Angus cow for me that's ready in a month! Wohoo!!!! Just in time for burgers on the grill. My freezer was getting super low on beef and I'm really happy to pick back up with some amazing grass fed beef again.

So we now have beef shares available.

8 families: 1 cow is our way of splitting up the whole beef into manageable portions that will fit into regular sized freezers and give you access to some locally grown, lean, pasture raised beef. The beef will be ready in a month and I'll bring it back here to the park and split it up equally between 8 shares. Each beef share will have a representative sample of the whole cow including some roasts, stew meat, burgers, soup bones, and steaks.

Shares are reserved when payment is received and spots do fill up fast. I'm not sure when I'm going to have another beef ready so let me know if you want in.

What the heck and I doing behing a computer on this beautiful day. I've got to get out and get planting! We're so far behind. What a totally weird spring, but CSA members --- prepare for a super bountiful fruit harvest this year. The plums actually made it and the apples and pears didn't get nipped with that frost either. Wow. I've got gooseberry plants to get in the ground now and potatoes and beans and cucumbers and tomato plants and and and......

Hope everyone is having a wonderful spring. I'm dancing around thinking about sunshine and fresh beef and a very happy growing season this year. Wohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment