Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow

The snow is falling in dreamy whisps this morning, just floating down aimlessly as my boots crunch on the newly frozen crust on the ground. The ducks and geese hang out right in front of my door, noisily yelling at me while keeping their bills tucked under their wings in the soft down.

I have been keeping busy with small winter projects and rationing out my money with meticulous care. We have collected bags of leaves for help with feeding the goats and sheep this winter. They also eat old corn stalks, branches, brambles, and non-treated cut christmas trees (any of which if you have, we will happily come and pick up, gratefully.)
I'm trying to post some of mom's jewelry online... if I could only spell bracelet right. Agh! Oh well.

The countdown to Dec 21st continues as the daylight keeps slipping. This year doesn't seem too bad so far as the weather has been fairly mild. The past two days have been a little slap in the face... or a little hint of what's to come. The days have been flying by at a crazy pace so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment