Monday, June 24, 2013

First Week of CSA!

Sunlight bathes the green, lush grass as the trees sway in the warm summer breeze. I collect water for the baby turkeys from the creek, which is warm and crystal clear, flowing over thousands of smoothed over pebbles with tiny snails affixed to them. I snap on the lid on  and walk to the turkeys and dump the box of birds into the new turkey tractor as they dizzily adjust their eyes to the sunlight and the green grass.

The garden is getting soaked today. It's looking amazing and we have staggered the plantings with the experience of quite a few CSA seasons. The radishes are heaving, the kale is lush, and Pepper flushed out that rabbit that likes to hang out in my herb patch and eat all my lettuce. She looks very happy and accomplished for the day and will indeed be rewarded with many frisbee throws and a couple self induced swims in the creek.

The heat of the day has sufficiently absorbed into the ground and now I'm off to pull some weeds in the zinnias and put some cucumber seedlings in the ground.

First CSA pickup is tomorrow and I'm excited to see everyone back! Email me if you have any questions or just stop out and chat. It's going to be a beautiful season. I can just feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment