Tuesday, July 26, 2011

cathartic cleaning

It's a little late for spring cleaning. But that's what I feel like doing now. Cleaning. Donating clothes and stuff I've accumulated over the years with that "maybe I'll use this one day" mentality. If I haven't used it, it's going. One garbage bag full of donations already.

It always amazes me how much can collect in one house. I only use 1/10th of it in a year. Old art supplies, movies I watched and hated, records with no record player....

I think I'll feel better once I get rid of most of my stuff. Kinda like how happy I was without a backseat to collect junk when I moved from a car to a truck. No backseat equals no carrying around 10 extra shirts and 5 extra pairs of shoes and boots where I would lose one of them (I swear my dog hides all my left shoes so I can't leave her) or other books and magazines I collected with the lofty dream of having enough time to one day having a minute to sit down and actually read them.

Each donations bag is cathartic. I like the question -what do I need? Like trimming the fat off a pork chop. Not that I live an extravagant lifestyle or am tied to a lot of things. Just thinking about spring cleaning.

Also cleaning out the barn of the sheep that don't obey the fence. Anyone want lamb, just let me know.

1 comment: