Monday, September 21, 2009

scattered showers


It rained a little bit yesterday. Not much at all. By "scattered showers" I think the weather prediction meant -one spitting little shower- because it was just enough to get your windshield wet. I guess this is the odd end to a weird season, a little 3 week drought ought to confuse the plants even more. I have a apple tree in bloom now. The dirt is just powder. Even the established trees are looking a little stressed.

The grape harvest is coming up fast and the last week of the CSA is impending. I'm feeling the end of the season blues pretty bad. Even football can't cheer me up this year as my team is more disappointing than ever this season. (I think you know which one I'm talking about...) I'm placing an order for blue berries and cranberries to plant along the creek bed. The pigs are all but one gone, and she is the most lonely looking pig ever.

I guess I'll just keep my eye on the winter plantings of garlic, kale, and turnips that we'll hopefully be pulling up all the way through the dark winter days. I guess no matter what the weather is, things are still growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment